It’s been ages since I last updated my blog (again 🙄). I have been travelling and moving around, and guess what I miss the most?….cooking!
I finally get settled in to my new home, it’s nice to be back in London again. The only problem I have now is lacking of tools in my kitchen.
The other night I invited my two lovely friends over for a little housewarming, I couldn’t just feed them alcoholic beverages, get them drunk, and serve them already made dinner from supermarket. A bit of my cooking with a touch of love would be more appropriate.
I was planning to serve vegetarian stir-fried noodles as a side dish with grassy British steak. As I started preparing my ingredients, I realised I had bacon I bought for breakfast left, that smoky bacon must be good in my noodles, I though. I just couldn’t keep my food meat-free, could I? It turned out, my friends enjoyed it and wanted a recipe; I was happy with the result.
All the ingredients in this recipe are very easy to find. It is a perfect dish for quick weeknight meal, or you can double, triple the recipe when you throw a party, you just need a bigger wok. After all the drinking, this starchy and savoury dish would make your guest happy. 😊
Check out the recipe and video clip below. By the way, the bowl may look fancy, it only cost me £5 at local antique market.
bon appétit 😉
Stir-fried Egg Noodles with English Smoked Back Bacon
300 g egg noodles
150 g beansprouts
6 smoked back bacon rashers
3 garlic cloves
3 green onions
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce (I used Kikkoman)
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- roughly chop garlic cloves
- cut green onions to 4cm length
- cut back bacon into 1 cm width strips
- heat the pan to high heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil then add the bacon fry it to your liking (I prefer a bit crispy)
- add garlic and fry it with bacon, fry until fragrance
- add egg noodles, give it a toss
- add beansprouts
- once all ingredients well-combined and charred, sprinkle with green onions, give it a final toss, heat off, enjoy!